Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Card making Adventures

I was able to sit down recently and crank out a few cards - here is the first of three for they day.  I can definitely say that my mind started in a different place with this one - I think my goal was to use the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die, but after that the possibilities were endless.

The green patterned paper is actually from A|Muse Studios - love them!  I am *technically* a demonstrator right now, but right now its only because I wanted to take advantage of some of the great startup deals they had going on.  I can say so far I'm really pleased with their product and their prices, and I'm sure I'll have more on them in the future.  For now, if you were interested you could contact me, but the link above takes you to the website of my fabulous "upline".

On to the card - the green paper is actually one of A|MS's flavors of cardstock, but it was used (on the back) as paper for my "welcome letter" in my startup package - never one to let something go to waste, I've had it stuck in my stash for a while.  I think the pattern makes a great leaf, just don't look too closely at the back :)

I also had the idea somewhere that I wanted to emboss a script on the leaves before cutting them out.  Its hard to see, but check out the second photo.  In real life it adds some great texture.  The edges are also inked because, you know, I can't work on anything without doing that...

I broke out my Spellbinders for the little frame, masked the white space in the center before using Tim Holtz' Falling Leaves stamps, and stuck it all together with some ribbon and a little banner (my first attempt at this fad - a little late, but whatever!) and voila!  The verse is also from an A|MS set.  Ooo - and one more thing!  This card is on some of the chocolate brown paper from A|Muse and it's white core - which means even though the base of the card is brown, the inside is all white!  No need for an insert to keep my writing on.



Hope you enjoyed!  Looking forward to using this die in some new and exciting ways in the near future :)

No comments: