Sunday, November 13, 2011

Photophobia

OK, so it may not be an official medical term (at least the way I define it) but Photophobia is a very real part of my life!  At least, that's what my stack of old personal photos is telling me...

When I started to put together what I trend I had of pictures featuring me either completely ruining or somehow ducking out of the frame, I couldn't help but take a little jab at my own tendencies.  I left room in a few places for journaling, or to insert a pull-out journaling form.

I have to admit... capturing this innate fear of mine in my scrapbook did cause me to stop and wonder: why am I the way I am?  Will I always be like this?  Should I make a concerted effort to change?  Or do I keep on keepin' on, trusting that the way I act is exactly the way I should...  Our motto for the weekend of my last retreat centered on the idea that every past memory or experience is "all part of the story."  So I guess even Photophobia gets a layout...

This page features some fun stuff - the rosette was created using vellum and Tim Holtz' Rosette Sizzix die, lace, and paper scraps; journaling block at bottom right is also a Tim Holtz die cut; orange ribbon is A|Muse Studio satin basics ribbon; title lettering is cut with Cricut; butterfly punches are Martha Stewart.

No comments: