Monday, March 26, 2012

You are Fabulous!

Here's another card I made recently (this will be going to my lovely Grandma for her birthday)!  This one was a lot of fun to create as I was able to combine some techniques and products I've been wanting to use for a while!


First - that background.  I'm totally stealing the idea from the lovely Jennifer McGuire.  Its pretty simple: stamp a harlequin background, and use your ruler to evenly draw Argyle lines on top.  In this case I used a glitter pen.  Check out the original inspiration card here: http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2012/01/go-to-gal-product-challenge-a-muse-studios-with-giveaway.html



If you know me at all, I like getting messy.  So of course there are inked edges in here SOMEWHERE.

The card was easy breezy - stamp the A|Muse Studio Harlquin background and make it Argyle by using the glitter pen.  Die cut the shape from the Spellbinders Labels 4 set.  I leave my sewing machine out now in an attempt to use it more often, so I layered the white/turquoise paper and quickly added zig zag stitching.  I stamped the verse from the AMS Hand Scripted set and cut the paper to look like a banner.  I put the whole thing together with some dimensional foam tape, jewel stickers, and ribbon.  Voila!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: