Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Easter!

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a pair of cards I made for family this Easter.  This has become a big of a tradition for me - featuring the lovely "Sprinkles" (the feline focus of many of The Cat's Pajamas stamps) in bunny ears!  I'm sure there's a stamp that already does this, but there's nothing quite like putting my own on there :)



Making the card itself was pretty easy, thanks to Spellbinders!  I used layered oval and scalloped ovals die cuts.  The white square I cut myself and used the "notched corner" Stampin' Up punch.  I inked the edge of the square, and used the upside-down oval die to stencil the color into the oval.  The ink was Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass.

The stamped verse is A|Muse studio and stamped in their Sky pigment ink.  The ribbon is Stampin' Up from their 'clearance rack.'  I layered this on A|Muse Studio's yellow gingham paper (LOVE their paper - the inside is already white and ready to write on!).


And of course - I hand-cut white ears from some scraps, and used a colored pencil to finish off the ears/nose/eyes of the kitty.   All in all it was pretty quick!

I'm actually gone this weekend on a stampin' and scrappin' retreat!  I'm really excited!  I'm planning a post about how to pack- and prep-for a multi-day retreat.  Wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: