Saturday, July 30, 2011

Satin Flowers

Hello world! A friend of mine passed this article along with some really neat instructions for satin ribbon "grungy" flowers - I have it on good authority that while they look complicated, they are super easy to make! I love how the texture really stands out - and I imagine each flower will be unique...

The same friend mentioned that she's used it for wedding hair clips and decorations just as much as paper crafting.

A part of me wonders if I could run thick satin ribbon through a die-cut in the big shot to get the slightly scalloped edge... I'm going to have to test this theory!

Anyway, here is the link: http://mirrorimage.typepad.com/caroleannes-1st-blog/2010/08/satin-ribbon-flower-recreated-by-caroleanne.html

(image from Stamping Stressaway blog)

No comments: