Monday, November 07, 2011

Scrap Retreat Results

I returned yesterday from my latest Scrapbooking/Crafting retreat and let me tell you - I feel re-invigorated with stamping/scrapping creativity!  I know from experience that if I don't want to lose this feeling, I need to make time for myself to work on pages/cards soon - its so hard to get this feeling back once I've lost it...

The next few blog posts will all showcase different projects from my weekend.  Some I can say I genuinely LOVED - while others... they need work.  I'm going to try posting those as "work in progress" pages - meaning they're "lightly" glued down, but I'm not 100% satisfied with them and looking for ideas for how to rescue them.


So to start, I wanted to share one of the first projects I created.  The retreat was Friday/Saturday/Sunday - and after arriving and unpacking, Friday ended up being a rather short/uneventful day.  I was pretty worried about how Saturday was going to fare... but before hitting the sack I managed to turn out a few cards.

This first one features: misc papers from my scrap box, kraft base paper, Large Scallop Circle punch and stamp from Stampin' Up, colored pencils, Tim Holtz Sizzix die cuts, inked edges with A|Muse Studio inks, some pearl stickers, border punch from EK Success, old hem tape from the thrift store, and... my birthday present to myself - SEWING!  What fun!

What do you think?

No comments: