Monday, March 05, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Here's another fun shadow stamped card! This one uses more complex coloring then the one from last week, but follows the same basic steps.

Like last time I inked the top and bottom with Distress Inks (two shades of blue on the top, two shades of brown on the bottom, then brown around the whole thing to 'finish' it).

Next I inked the image (again from one of the A|Muse Studio Beautiful Botanicals sets) with a warm yellow color.  Using a cotton ball (or dauber or brush or whatever you have) I applied some orange ink to the edges and stem to give the silhouette some interest.  I stamped each of the orange/yellow flowers first.

Then I actually used shadow stamping with brown - you can barely see them in this picture, but there are some shadowy images to the right and bottom left of the main flowers.  To accomplish this, I inked the stamp in French Roast (dark brown), stamped off on some scratch paper once, then stamped a very light version of the image onto my card.  Neat!

Finally finished it up with some paper mats - I went with orange and turquoise from  my scrap box, which I think gives it a more masculine feel.  A little hemp along the top and voila!  Of course I can't resist so the orange piece is also lifted off the page with foam adhesive.

Hope you like!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: