Tuesday, June 05, 2012

No Place Like Home Scrapbook Page

I really like this page, and have to tell you up front that it looks way better in person.  (Anyone have any great tutorials for taking photos of pages for blogs?)



This page was meant to capture a little about how excited my sister/nephew were to visit our hometown over Christmas.  They have moved pretty far away, so their visit was a really fun/large occasion for us.

I can't name all the papers, but the grey/striped is definitely from the Yellow Flowers DCWV paper pack I was celebrating a while back.  Love it!  The title is cut from the Creative Memories Reminisce Cricut cartridge (did you know that thing has a font too???? I didn't!)  Lots of stitchign involved... I used some scrap bias tape I picked up at a second-hand store to mak eth eruffles.  The diamond-shaped things are actually dark gray rhinestones in metal settings/clasps.  The ribbon strip is a plush velvet.  Overall these three things combine to make this page feel really rich in real life :)

The photo is again over-saturated (intentionally) using Picasa - I love the effect.  The lavender paper just helps tie the photo to the page.  The punches on the right are EK Success border punches.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: