Saturday, June 02, 2012

Cousins Scrapbook Page

The third page from my retreat:



This was fun to assemble because of the colors I chose to use - blue/green is probably my all-time-favorite color combo, and the orange grid paper just helped make it even more fun!

You'll notice three flags again - this time with stitching too :)  Definitely a good time.  The title is cut using Alphalicious (Cricut).  The journaling spot (I know, I'll get to it eventually) is from the Creative Memories Reminisce Cricut Cartridge.  The bottom green border is EK Success Circles Large Edger punch.  The stamp in the back is from Rubbernecker Stamps, and was randomly inked with Distress Inks.  You'll also notice the zig zag stitch (I had fun with that puppy!)

The other important thing about this page is the intentionally over-saturated photos.  If I haven't said it before, I. Love. Picasa.  Picasa is Google's free photo editing/storage/organization tool.  Similar to its search engine, it comes with an "I'm Feeling Lucky" button that does some amazing things to photos.  I'd have to spend a few hours going through all the different creative features, but for these photos I used a combination of the following effects: Saturation; Lomo-ish; and Cross Process.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: