Sunday, October 16, 2011

October Projects - Halloween Card and Calendar

Today I have two projects to share, both of which are from the last few weeks.First is my Halloween card for this year - I know, kind of dangerous to post it before the holiday, but there are only a few people I send Halloween cards to (family) and I don't think I need to worry about them being on here in the next few weeks.

I used a kraft/black/white/green/fuschia color scheme that works better than the photo shows.  I picked up some holiday sets at the last convention I attended - including the really fun bat flourish and crazy-tailed black cat you see featured below (Inkadinkado "Halloween Trails" (the bat) and "Cats and Bats" (the cat)).  The striped washi tape, baker's twine, dotted line stamps, and stamped verse are all A|Muse Studio. The punches are Stampin' Up. Kraft paper from Michaels (Reminisce). There are also little dots of Lime Stickles in the cats eyes.  (Can you tell I have no brand loyalty?)



The next one is a project that has been sitting in my to-do pile for many years!  I started this at some point in college on a visit back to Grandma's - it was also one of my first interactions with a die-cutting machine, if that helps date this.  But it is intended to be a calendar with the page/display on top and the calendar details on bottom.  When I started I had the grand notion that I'd somehow complete the calendar before the new year began, so I optimistically penned in the days for the first few months - that was a mistake.  This weekend I sat down and cranked out April and May.  Will it be another few years before I try June?  I hope not...

There are quite a few products in these shots, so I'll name what I can.  All Washi tape is A|Muse Studio.  January snowflakes are Sizzix Sizzlets "Snowflake Set."  February punches and stamps are all Stampin' Up.  March scallop border and flowers are Stampin' Up.  Shamrock is Judikins. April clouds are Unity Stamps "Sunny Happy Skies."  April/May circle doily is Prickly Pear scalloped circle die (seriously love this one...).  April/May font is Autumn Leaves "Scribbles Alphabet" (but the M for May wasn't as large as I wanted so I hand-drew it in -- what do you think??).  Pearls in May are Reminisce (from Michaels).








No comments: